01 May 2011

Carbs and I are NO LONGER FRIENDS

This weekend I began something new.  I wouldnt call it a diet, but rather just a newer, healthier, way to eat.  I have decided to cut the carbs, which is gonna be HUGE for me (and super difficult).  After some meal planning, I was off to the store, ready to shop for veggies (tons of greens), eggs, meats, cheeses, but NOTHING starchy, and NOTHING sugary.  Yep, thats right, no sugar either. 

My first meal, scrambled eggs with turkey bacon and red peppers.  It was fantastic!!  Seriously, if I had the time, I would make that every morning, but since I know that I am not quite that disciplined, it isnt gonna happen often. 

The next morning, I was at church and went to get myself some coffee, which I did alright with, until I walked over to the bagel and doughnut table and was starving, so I had have one...although I just ate half.  I know, I am only on my second meal, and I have already cheated...LAME....

Lunch came around and it was a success...Panera Bread (which I am gaining a love for, but it has taken quite some time)  On the menu, Reduced Sugar Asian Chicken Salad, with Black Bean Soup, and instead of the typical chips or a baguette, a fruit cup.  Success!!  Dinner too was a success.  My household decided on Chocolate Chip Pancakes, which I LOVE...but for me, Turkey, Cheese, and Lettuce Roll Ups (instead of making a sandwhich with it), and chopped up Yellow Peppers.  And it was quite delicious if I do say so myself.

I think this is gonna change my life...Seriously, its time to do something and that something is gonna be a healthy change.  I was once reading a friends blog, Thenheathersaid.com, and she had meantioned that she and some friends had started a spreadsheet.  Each thing they did, that was positive (like eating a certain number servings of veggies, at least 15mins of exercise, and so on) they would receive points, and keep score on their spreadsheet.  I love that idea.  It turns such a negative thing, like dieting, constantly struggling to work toward a weight loss goal, into a positive successful thing.  You focus on being healthy and doing good things, instead of how little you can eat, and how much the number on the scale changes, which is liable to kill anyone :)

And so it begins...

1 comment:

  1. The husband and I have been doing the same points on a spreadsheet thing. It's actually been semi- successful. Throughout the day I think things like "if I eat this I'll lose points", it makes you think twice. It's also cool when you can cross off all the awesome things you did.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete